SharePoint Designer 2010
- Download 32 bit version
- Download 64 bit version
- WSS3/MOSS 2007 only works with SharePoint designer 2007
- WSS4/SP SERVER 2010 only works with SharePoint designer 2010
- You must use a build of SPD2010 equal or earlier than the build of Foundation/Server (4006.1010 conflicts with 4514.1007)
- Data transfer uses client's dinamic TCP ports (2400, 2579, etc). Make sure SPD is added to firewall exceptions. Enable some of these ports if nothing else works.
- If your system has 32 bit versions of Office apps installed, you need 32bit version of SPDesigner 2010 or you'll get an error saying "you have these XXX 32bit office apps. please uninstall them in order to install 64bit app version or download 32 bit version"
- It IS possible to have both 2007 and 2010 installed side-by-side (if same 32/64 bit version)
If you try to open a WSS3/MOSS 2007 website with SPD 2010, you will get:
"This web site has been configured to disallow editing with SharePoint Designer. Contact your web site administrator for more information."