Add Network Printer / Driver missing

I recently ran into this issue:

My computer running Windows 2008 Server
HP 920C connected to a computer of the network

When I double click the printer on the explorer at \\computer_with_printer

I get something like "no driver for this version of windows", which was making me crazy since I couldn't find drivers of this printer for 64bit windows 2008 server

Now I found out its as simple as:
- Add Printer
- Add a Local Printer
- Create a New Port
- Chose "Local Port" on "Type of Port"
- In the Port Name dialog box, type the path of the printer by using the following syntax:
\\print server name\printer name

You should be good to go

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;895612

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking down document locking in SharePoint

Working around X-Frame-Options for iframes

Document ID not being generated